Is it time to empty safari cache? Safari is easy with a shortcut or just two mouse clicks.
Option 1: Clear Safari cache with shortcut
Safari makes it easy: With the shortcut “Command” + “Alt” + “E” you can clear the Safari cache.
Option 2: Clear Safari Cache with two mouse clicks
- To clear the cache in Safari with just two mouse clicks, the following precautions must be taken:
- Start Safari
- Open the Safari settings from the menu bar
- Activate the option “Show Developer” menu in the menu bar “
- Now you can empty the cache with two clicks as follows:
- Click on “Developer” in the top menu bar
- Select “Clear Cache Memory”
What is cache?
A cache is a user-hidden browser content. These are necessary so that no complex recalculations of the browser need to be done when opening a page. Thanks to the cache, you can access web pages faster because certain page data does not need to be downloaded again. If the computer needs to store too much cache content, the computer may work more slowly. In addition, “old” cache can cause new content not to be displayed because the browser uses old (cached) content.
For this reason it is advisable to clear the cache now and then.