Campaigns in the media do not seem to be enough to create Mexican readers. The habit of reading should be created from childhood, however not many grew up with a book in hand. Today I will contribute my bit to encourage the habit of reading. Some questions that several young people and adults ask themselves about this topic are: How important is reading? Will I waste my time taking a book? What will it be for? Will it contribute something in my life? Well look, the fact of becoming a reader allows you to invest your time in something that will leave you with knowledge, culture, creativity and imagination.
share 5 benefits of this habit:
- Reading allows us to improve our spelling. It helps the development and improvement of the language. Improves oral and written expression and makes the language more fluent.
- Reading gives ease to expose one’s thinking and enables the ability to think. It enhances the capacity for observation, attention and concentration.
- Reading is a means of entertainment and distraction, relaxing and having fun in a healthy way, not like video games or casinos.
- It can be practiced at any time, place, age and situation, do not put pretexts, even in public transportation is possible.
- It offers a myriad of conversation topics so you do not stay mute when interacting with your friends, family and partner and above all, the habit of reading feeds the brain.
If you are not a reader I invite you to discover this world, in the end I assure you that you will get great satisfaction and you will see its importance in your daily life.
Then, I recommend some books to which you can read your first page, but surely you will like them so much that you will read the second page until the work is finished. I clarify, with all due respect, that I will not mention the booklets with fame such as Twilight, Harry Potter series, The Hunger Games or Cañitas.
The truth about the Harry Quebert case by author Joël Dicker. A book that has great quality in its prose and that from the beginning encloses you in its plot.
You will not have the face of the writer David Miklos. A story that takes us to the gray, terrible post-apocalyptic world, devastated by the dust of ourselves. The novel gives us powerful scenes, a huge sadness.
Finally I mention the novel: What is not written by the author Rafael Reig. We find a novel in a novel. What is not written is a story that tells the story of a frustrated writer who leaves his finished novel to his ex-wife, after taking his son to the mountain to spend a few days. The woman begins to read it and everything starts to sound suspicious, it seems that her husband is plotting to do something and the only way to know what it is (since both father and son have cell phones turned off) is only if you finish reading the text.