AVM launches its first Fritz Box 6660 Cable with the new rat-fast WLAN standard Wi-fi 6 alias WLAN AX! And with a 2.5 Gigabit LAN port.
At the trade fair ANGA COM, AVM presents the Fritz Box 6660 Cable, a future-proof control center for the home network. Because the Fritz Box 6660 Cable already supports the upcoming Wi-Fi 6 alias WLAN AX. Currently, 802.11ac is the fastest Wi-Fi standard, which will also be called Wi-fi 5 in the future.
The new Fritz Box 6660 Cable delivers over the cable connection multiple gigabit speed thanks to DOCSIS 3.1 support (DOCSIS 3.0 is also supported) in the budget. These data sets can then be passed on for the first time in a Fritz box on the brand new and not yet finally decided WLAN standard 6 in the apartment. The WLAN-6 support is the main advantage of the Fritz Box 6660 Cable compared to the Fritz Box 6591 Cable, the current top model among the Fritz boxes for the cable connection. There is also a 2.5 Gigabit LAN port and four Gigabit LAN ports for LAN cable routing. In addition, the Fritz Box 6660 Cable offers a USB port.
The Fritz Box 6660 Cable has four WLAN antennas and multi-user MIMO technology. In the 5 GHz band, data rates of up to 2,400 MBit / s are theoretically possible; At 2.4 GHz theoretically up to 600 MBit / s can be achieved. Both the new WiFi standard Wi-Fi 6 and the multiple Gigabit LAN port are backwards compatible, so you can continue to use your existing devices and cables. As usual, a DECT base is integrated into the Fritz box. Even analog telephones or fax machines can be connected to the Fritz Box 6660 Cable.
The technical data of the Fritz Box 6660 Cable:
- 2×2 OFDM DOCSIS 3.1-channel bundling
- 32×8-DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonding
- 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 (WLAN AX) with up to 3 GBit / s – 2.4 GHz: 600 MBit / s (QAM1024) and 5 GHz: 2400 MBit / s (HE160)
- 1x 2.5 gigabit LAN port (standard IEEE 802.3bz, NBase-T)
- 4x 1 Gigabit LAN ports
- 1x USB 2.0 port
- DECT base for up to 6 phones and smart home applications
- 1 connection for analogue telephone or fax
- Fritz OS: with parental control, media server, Fritz NAS, WLAN guest access, Myfritz u.v.m.